The Digital Inquiry Group offers a range of professional development options for teachers across grade levels. From single session workshops to week-long institutes, DIG staff provide professional development focused on inquiry-based social studies instruction in a variety of modalities. Participants will engage with curricular materials in small breakout sessions and with the whole group. Workshop topics include:
- Reading Like a Historian approach
- Formative assessment with Beyond the Bubble assessments
- Civic Online Reasoning curriculum
- Facilitating discussions as part of inquiry-based history instruction
- Teaching inquiry online
- Developing document-based lessons and assessments
- Modeling historical thinking
DIG staff can tailor professional development to meet the particular needs of your school, district, or group. For more information or to schedule a workshop, please contact us.
For information about funding sources for schools and districts, click here.
Feedback from recent participants in online professional development workshops:
- “This was an absolutely excellent workshop. We need more of these! These presenters are among the best I've had in my 32+ years of teaching. Please do more!”
- “I really enjoyed participating in this class in an online format. It helped me to see how it is still possible to teach in an online format that requires students to discuss and engage with one another, and engage with documents in a meaningful way.”
- “The whole thing was great! I really loved the modeling of strategies.”